Want your novel to shine and stand out from the crowd? Then you’ll want to check out our new manuscript assessment service provided in collaboration with the 2023 One Dublin One Book author Andrew Hughes who is an expert at crafting fiction that agents, publishers and award judges can’t resist!
“The difficulty of literature is not to write, but to write what you mean.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Have you started working on a novel but you’ve been hit by writer’s block and you can’t see the way forward?
Or you’ve completed a full draft of a manuscript but you’re not sure if your story is really shining?
Or perhaps you’ve already started submitting to agents and publishers and your inbox is filling up with rejection emails… or worse still, radio silence?
Then it could be worth getting a professional manuscript appraisal, which can help you to take your novel to the next level and give it the edge it will need to stand out in an increasingly competitive publishing market.
And I’m delighted now to be able to offer readers of my blog the chance to work alongside the 2023 One Dublin One Book author Andrew Hughes to get their work-in-progress into the best possible shape through his manuscript assessment service.
What you’ll receive in your manuscript assessment package:
- Andrew will provide a detailed appraisal report of the opening 10,000 words of your manuscript;
- This manuscript assessment report will contain feedback on your story’s strengths, as well as constructive feedback on areas that could be improved;
- Andrew will advise you on the technical aspects of fiction writing such as structure, style, plot, pace, characterisation and voice;
- The appraisal report will also include clear action points on how to fix any problem areas, as well as specific advice on what your next steps should be on your journey towards publication.
The package also includes:
- Follow-up emails with Andrew
- A one-hour Zoom call with Andrew to discuss the report in greater detail
The manuscript assessment package costs €300.
If you’d like to book a manuscript assessment, email us at email@example.com with a few details of your fiction project and we’ll reply within 24 hours.
Testimonials from Andrew’s manuscript assessment clients
Here’s what Andrew’s clients have to say about his service:
“Andrew’s editorial service was a massive help to me and greatly improved my writing. He is a brilliantly perceptive reader and was always approachable with follow up queries. His feedback was always helpful and constructive. I hope to work with Andrew again soon and can’t recommend him highly enough if there is part of your novel you are struggling with.”
– Neil Tully (shortlisted for Short Story of the Year at the An Post Irish Book Awards)
“I have had two very successful novels mentored by Andrew Hughes with a third one due to be published soon. Besides having a wonderful ability to help shape a plot and assist at creating unforgettable characters, perhaps his greatest strength is his total commitment to getting the finished article as good as it can possibly be.”
– Oliver Murphy, author of A Fight for Freedom and Josie
More about Andrew Hughes
Andrew’s novel The Coroner’s Daughter was selected as the One Dublin One Book 2023 (previous recipients have included James Joyce, Oscar Wilde and Bram Stoker!).
Andrew’s debut novel The Convictions of John Delahunt was praised in the New York Times as: ‘A remarkable first novel . . . a stirring work of fiction and a perceptive chapter in Ireland’s social history.’ It was also shortlisted for Bord Gáis Irish Crime Book of the Year.
Read how Andrew secured a two-book deal with Transworld here